Remote charging solution for EVs.
Spark is a remote charing solution for electric vehicles.
EVAdoption predicts that EV sales will rise almost 60% in the next 7 years.
"For customers who lack experience with EVs, this patchwork
network can bring frustration. EV owners are required to sign up
for multiple services, each with its own access card or app.
Maintenance can be hit or miss, and the last thing an EV driver
running out of juice wants to do is pull into a charging stall
and find it out of service."
"Pacific Gas & Electric Co. expects 800,000 electric vehicles to
be on state roads by 2020 -- there are only 20,000 now --
creating a high demand for charging stations. Currently, there
are about 5,000 public and workplace charging stations in
California and 20,000 nationwide."
"An increasing number of electric-vehicle driving employees at
Silicon Valley companies are finding it hard to access
car-charging stations at work, creating incidents of "charge
rage" among drivers."
"AAA will provide 10 to 15 minutes of ” charge time to members
with discharged electric vehicles, which will allow the vehicle
to drive three to 15 miles to a charging station where they can
further charge their vehicle."
"the unit is equipped with an on-board 230V charger which is
capable of juicing up a standard EV in about 15 minutes with 2-3
kWh of power. That’s enough energy for about 30km of travel,
which should allow them to get to a standard EV charge point or
They are companies that run most charging stations in the US.
Instead of giving users full charge. Spark provides short-time-charging which gives users longer range until they find a charging station to fully charge their cars.
1. Add cars to user profile (Keep car in user’s profile to keep track of car’s range).
2. Order charge (SPARK will be able to locate user’s car and bring charging to the car).
3. Select charging quality & length (Two different price tiers for two different charging strength. The one with higher price adds more range than the other).
4. Charging progress update (User can see duration of each charge as well as his/her car’s current range).
5. Rating for each charge (For SPARK to improve future experience).
1. Added location button for users to quickly locate themselves or their cars.
2. Added order confirm button so order won’t be placed until they confirm the duration and charge type.
3. Added menu drawer for more pages such as profile, payment, and setting.
1. Add car to begin
2. Show location of user and car
3. Order charge
4. Finish charge
5. Menu drawer
Visual design based on 2nd prototype. I used a combination of navy and light blue to give the app a refreshing look.